Crown shapes mould
White sugar florist paste
Edible gold paste colour or dust
Vodka (if you use the gold dust)
1. Sprinkle some icing sugar into your royal mould.
2. Take a small ball of sugar florist paste and place inside the royal shape you prefer.
3. Now with your rolling pin roll out the small ball inside your chosen shape. Be careful not to have any paste outside the borders of your shape. If you do, cut out the unwanted pieces with a sharp knife until your shape is clear as in picture.
4. Turn the mould upside down and press to release your royal crown.
5. Paint the crown in gold using some edible gold paste colour. If you don't have the paste, you can easily use some gold dust and mix it with a little bit of vodka until the dust becomes liquid. Use a fine brush to paint the crown.
6. You are all set! Have fun by making different crown shapes! You can add some royal icing dots, or other sugar paste decorations. Once the crowns are ready, you can use them as cupcake toppers, on cookies, or on chocolate covered biscuits as in picture.