For the bees
-yellow and white sugar paste
-light blue, black and red modelling sugar paste
To decorate & Special Equipment
-flower/leaf shaper tool
-mini palette knife
-drop shape cutter
1. Take a piece of yellow sugar paste and make a shape of a bee with your hand.
2. Roll out some black modeling sugar paste with the rolling pin. Cut 2 stripes with your mini palette knife and wrap them around the bee’s body fixing them with some edible glue.
3. With the flower/leaf shaper tool create a hole in the upper part of the bee’s body between the 2 black stripes to insert the wings.
4. Create the wings by rolling out a small piece of light blue modelling sugar paste. Cut out 2 wings with the drop shape cutter. Stick the wings on the bee and press firmly.
5. To obtain the eyes make 2 small balls with white sugar paste and 2 very small balls with black sugar paste and stick them on the white balls.
6. To make the hat, use a tiny piece of red modelling sugar paste and shape it as a cone. Wrap a piece of white sugar paste around the base of the cone. With your mini palette knife now cut off a little part of the white base in order to obtain a flat base. Stick a tiny ball of white sugar paste on top of your red cone.
7. Stick the hat on top of the bee’s head. With the flower/leaf shaper create the smile. If you want to obtain an ‘astonished’ expression create a hole instead of a smile with the same tool.